Take It Off: Strip Away The Toxins And Celebrate The Herb With Our Mindful Take On Ayurveda
Health & Wellness May 02, 2018
Ayurvedic medicine is based on the guiding principles of the power of the mind-body connection. With it’s herbal remedies used by 80% of the population in India, its holistic approach to healing is taking the Western world by storm. Read on to learn how to get in on the Ayurvedia action! So it’s time to celebrate the herb with our mindful take on Ayurveda.
What is Ayurveda?
An ancient Indian form of holistic healing methods, Ayurveda encompasses everything from herbal remedies to massage therapy, pranayama breathing techniques, yoga, massage and more!
A Sanskrit term, it can be broken down into “ayur” which means living or life and “veda” which means knowledge to translate into “knowledge of living.” The goal of Ayurveda is to provide non-toxic, purifying healing therapies to get to the root of the bodily issue and help promote the body’s inherent capability of maintaining a healthy balance. Its core beliefs are that there is a mind-body connection with the mind being the most powerful force to heal and transform the body. Some health challenges Ayurvedic medicines and practices can help heal are allergies, acne, depression, insomnia, obesity, inflammation, colds, nervous disorders and skin problems.
In the Ayurvedic system it’s believed that our bodies are composed of three governing agents called doshas (Vata: movement and change, Pitta: transformation and metabolism and Kapha: structure and fluidity). To live in a state of optimal health, important we learn our dosha body composition to help ensure our diets and daily practices help keep them in balance.
How can you get in on the Ayurveda action?
- Book an appointment with an ayurvedic practioner: A trained professional is a great way to get support in determining your ayurvedic composition, identify imbalances and learn about holistic treatments.
- Do a free, online Ayurvedic analysis: No budget for to visit a professional? No problem! You can learn more about your body composition by completing a free, online analysis to determine your doshas here.
- Bond with your body: Don’t let your days go by in a haze of ignoring your body’s signs. Shoulder, neck or back pain? Take some time to stretch or go to a yoga class. Our body is constantly giving us signs of comfort and discomfort: pay attention to help prevent any light pain from turning into a serious problem.
- Dine for your digestion: We are what we eat! With so many delicious treats, it can be easy to forget that the purpose of food is nourishment and not just Try eating slowly without any distractions to prevent overeating (it takes your body almost 20 minutes to signal it is full). Drinking hot water with lemon or ginger is also helpful to our digestive systems as is eating cooked foods (raw can be harder to digest).
- Let things flow: Trying to control everything in our lives can generate high levels of stress which can take a toll on our overall health. Instead of striving for perfection and control, make decisions based on love. When we live with an abundant mindset and accepting approach, we worry less. The Law of Least Effort is based around the concept that in nature, things happen naturally (e.g. a flower doesn’t try to bloom, it just does).
Main Image Photo Credit: www.hindustantimes.com
From evening parties to morning prayers, from corporate strategy to chocolate smuggling, Rachna has a thirst for living life with a work/play balance. After years in Management, Rachna packed her bags and moved to Europe for adventure, international work experience and the search for life&rsquo...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Chill Out! How To Mindfully Calm The Chaos In Your Mind
Let It Out: Bottling Up Your Emotions Will Burn You Out
For The Sake Of Your Mental Health You Need To Watch These 5 TED Talks Now
Drop The Pop Because You Won't Believe All The Nutrients Found In Coconut Water
Health Hazard: It's True, Hookahs Can Kill You!
Check In And Zen Out At A Spiritual Retreat That's Made For You
Hear Them Out! How Your Hormones Play A Big Part In Your Weight Loss Battle
It's Bad For Your Brain: Stop The Multitasking Madness
Believe it! Counting Your Macro Intake Can Turn You Into A Fitness Force
Say What You Mean! Mindful Tips On Communicating Clearly
O(M)MG: Is Meditation A Marketing Ploy Or The Real Deal?
Stop Sitting Around And Get Your Core Engaged With Our Tips
Health & Wellness
Newsletter Sign Up
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter for all of the latest news, articles, and videos delivered directly to your inbox each day!